UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, NIGERIA
INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION
P.M.B. 1515, ILORIN
Phone: +2348185334030; +2348035778798; +2348032070209
ADMISSION INTO POSTGRADUATE, UNDERGRADUATE AND SUB-DEGREE PROGRAMMES FOR THE 2018 SANDWICH CONTACT SESSION
Applications are hereby invited from qualified candidates for admission into the under-listed programmes of the Institute of Education, University of Ilorin, for the 2018 Sandwich Contact session.
AVAILABLE PROGRAMMES AND COURSES IN THE INSTITUTE
(A) Bachelor Degree Programmes
- A. (Ed.) Degree Programmes in:
Arabic, Christian Studies, English, French, History, Islamic Studies, Social Studies and Yoruba.
- Sc. (Ed.) Degree Programmes in:
Agriculture, Biology, Business Education, Chemistry, Computer Science, Economics, Educational Technology, Geography, Health Education, Human Kinetics, Mathematics, Physics, Social Studies and Technology Education.
- Ed. Degree Programmes in:
Adult Education, Counsellor Education, Educational Management and Primary Education Studies
(B) Postgraduate Diploma Programmes:
Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) and Postgraduate Diploma in Educational Technology (PGDET)
(C) Master of Education Degree Programmes:
Educational Guidance and Counselling, Educational Management, Educational Psychology, Sociology of Education, Social Studies, Curriculum Studies in Social Sciences Education, Religious Studies Education, English Language Education, Mother-Tongue Education, Curriculum Studies in Arts Education, Science Education (Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics & Physics), Curriculum Studies in Educational Technology (with options in Assistive Technology, Distance Education, E-Learning and Instructional Technology), Physical Education (with options in Administration and Management of Sports, Human Kinetics Education, Exercise & Sports Sciences, Recreation, Leisure and Tourism), Health Education/Public Health Education (with options in Nutrition Education, Drug Education, Family Life and Reproductive Health, Community Health & Primary Health Care, School Health Education)
(D) Sub-Degree Diploma Programmes:
Arabic Education, Human Kinetics and Health Education, Photography, Instructional Radio and Television Production, and Creative Arts.
- For B. A. (Ed.), B.Sc. (Ed.) and B. Ed. Degree Programmes:
- Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) with Credit in One or Two other relevant teaching subjects;
- “A” Level Passes in GCE/IJMB/NABTEB/JUPEB or its equivalent;
- ND/OND is also accepted for selected courses: Arabic, Christian Studies, History, Human Kinetics, Health Education, Islamic Studies, Computer Science Education, Educational Technology and Technology Education. In addition, an applicant must possess at least five “O” Level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics and three other relevant subjects (see adverts on the Unilorin Website for details).
- For the Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) Programmes:
A Bachelor’s degree from any recognised University with a minimum of Third Class Honours degree is required. Higher National Diploma with at least an Upper Credit obtained from a recognised Polytechnics or allied Institutions.
- For Postgraduate Diploma in Educational Technology (PGDET):
a.) A Bachelor of Education Degree (B.Ed.; B. A. (Ed.); B.Sc. (Ed.); B. Tech (Ed.) with a minimum of Third Class Honours from the University of Ilorin or an equivalent Degree recognised by the Senate of the University of Ilorin.
b.) A Bachelor’s Degree (B. A.; B.Sc.; B. Tech) with a minimum of Third Class Honours and Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PDGE) recognised by the Senate of the University.
- For M.Ed. Degree Programmes:
- A good First Degree in Education with a minimum of Second Class Honours (Lower Division).
- A good First Degree in other disciplines with a minimum of Second Class Honours (Lower Division) plus Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) obtained at Credit Level from a recognised University.
iii. Third Class Honour degree in Education with a Postgraduate Diploma in Educational Technology (with a Minimum of 60% pass grade); acceptable for admission into M.Ed. Educational Technology programme only.
- Third Class Honour degree in other disciplines (B.A., B.Sc., B. Tech., etc plus Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) obtained at Credit level from a recognised University and a Postgraduate Diploma in Educational Technology (with a minimum of 60% pass grade); acceptable for admission into M.Ed. Educational Technology programme only.
- For Sub-Degree Diploma Programmes:
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
At least 5 O’ Level Credit passes at SSCE/GCE/TCII/NABTEB or equivalent, including English Language and Mathematics, at not more than two sittings.
- Arabic Education:
(i). WASC/GCE/TCII/Higher Islamic Studies Certificate (HISC); Senior Secondary School Certificate with Credit/Merit in at least four subjects; one of which must be Arabic.
(ii). Diploma in the teaching of Arabic or Islamic Studies of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.
- Photography, Instructional Radio & Television Production and Creative Arts.
Candidates willing to proceed to the degree programmes must possess the pre-requisite five “O” Level passes at Credit level for relevant programmes.
NB: Please note that at least Credit passes in Mathematics and English at “O” Level are required to qualify for admission into Sub-degree, Degree and Master Degree programmes.
For detailed of admission requirements, interested applicants should visit Unilorin website (https://www.unilorin.edu.ng) and click on Institute of Education portal for the online application.
METHOD OF APPLICATION FOR ALL PROGRAMMES (MASTERS, UNDERGRADUATE, POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA, AND SUB-DEGREE DIPLOMA)
Application is online. Visit Unilorin website (https://www.unilorin.edu.ng) and click on Institute of Education portal for the relevant page.
Postgraduate = N 25,000.00
Undergraduate and Diploma = N 10,000.00
APPLICATION PAYMENT SHOULD BE MADE ONLINE WITH ATM MASTER CARD OR VERVE CARD
MODE OF REGISTRATION
Applicants’ registration is online at Unilorin website.
CLOSING DATE FOR SALE AND SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORMS
(a) Postgraduate: 28th May, 2018
(b) Undergraduate and Diploma: 28th May, 2018
Masters’ Qualifying Examinations hold on Saturday, 9th June, 2018
Time: 9:00 am
Venue: Institute of Education, University of Ilorin Mini-campus
Mr. E. D. Obafemi
Unilorin Sugar Research Institute
Vacancies for Research Associates
Unilorin Sugar Research Institute (USRI) has vacancies for the position of Research Associates in the following disciplines:
– Genetics and Breeding
– General Crop Husbandry (Agronomy, Nutrition and Protection)
– Crop and By-Products Utilization (including Processing into Food and Industrial products)
– Agricultural Economics and Extension
- The University allocates Research Grants to the Institute annually from which individual Research Associates can draw fund to conduct research in any of the disciplines advertised. However, funds can be accessed only through well-written research proposals which are normally screened by the Research Committee.
- Research Associates can also write and submit group research proposals to take advantage of the funds allocated to the University Senate Research Grants Committee.
- Research proposals can also be written to target funds from external bodies such as Education Trust Development Fund (ETF), National Sugar Development Council (NSDC), Agricultural Research Council of Nigeria (ARCN) etc.
- Research Associates shall be entitled to the payment of block annual honoraria as determined by the University from time to time, paid at the end of each academic session, subject to the submission of acceptable annual reports.
A minimum of M.Sc. in the relevant discipline
Method of Application
Qualified academics in the University should apply in writing to:
The Ag. Director
Unilorin Sugar Research Institute
Centre for Research Development and In-House Training
Tuning Academy short –term visits initiative call
Launched by the Deusto International Tuning Academy (DITA), University of Deusto, Bilbao, Spain with focus on the five lines of the Tuning educational projects which are:
- Generic competences;
- Subject specific competences;
- The role of credits as an accumulation system and means of measuring students’ workload;
- Approaches to learning, teaching and assessment appropriate for competence-based learning; and
- The role of quality enhancement in the educational process (emphasizing systems based on internal institutional quality culture)
The Initiative aims at bringing together academics who have already been exploring Tuning related topics to spend a month at DITA between October, 2018 and June, 2018 in researching one of the following four broad areas:
- Analysing and evaluating the impact provided by the Tuning projects.
- Approaches to learning, teaching and assessment of generic competences.
iii. Staff development initiatives that facilitate implementation of competence-based approaches.
- Curriculum reform and incorporation of the Tuning approach in institutional and national policies
The visits will give selected candidates the opportunity to prepare an article for Tuning journal for Higher Education (http://www.tuningjournal.org)
The Short-Term Visits Scholarships can be granted to
- Young researcher enrolled in doctoral programmes elsewhere and focusing on a topic related to DITA’s current priority research lines.
- Scholars holding a PhD and currently actively engaged in post-doctoral research on a topic related to DITA’s current priority research lines.
- University staff not usually involved in research activities but interested in conducting research on one of the four topics.
No limitation to country of residence, nationality, age or gender.
To be considered for a Short-Term Visit Scholarship, applicants need to:
- Complete the Online Application Form available at (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdBT4FoNV6UuTFj4hxoiPmEVzal-TNFdfTkPWn6iH03OA7ilw/viewform?usp=sf_link)
- Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 30 April 2018
For further details please contact Maria Yarosh at email@example.com
Prof. Yahya O. Imam
Research Manager (Humanities Cluster)