A 21-year-old new mum, Lebogang Setshotloe, has accused a doctor at Moses Kotane Hospital of breaking her baby’s arm during delivery.
The South African mum said she wasn’t allowed to see her baby girl until a day after delivery. She then found out that her daughter’s arm was broken.
Setshotloe narrated to Daily Sun that the hospital had failed her.
“I asked the nurse a day after I had a Cesarean section why my baby’s arm was broken and I was told the doctor had apologised for the mistake.
“This was a lie, as the doctor never even bothered to examine me after the delivery.
“Why was I not informed about what had happened as the mum of the child? This makes me really angry,” she said.
“I want the doctor and the hospital to come and explain to me how my baby’s arm was broken. I want to know what happened,” she cried.
Setshotloe said the horrific experience she went through showed the hospital didn’t care about the people they treat.
Her uncle, Jacob Kobedi, said, “We want the hospital to take full responsibility for the damage caused by the doctor.
“What they did and how they handled the situation doesn’t show any professionalism.”
North West Health spokesman, Tebogo Lekgethwane, said the matter was being investigated and would be properly followed up.
More in News
- Stop Doing It!! ASUU Blast JAMB, Accuse Them Of Robbing Nigerians
- JAMB Warns Cyber Café Operators Against Overcharging Of Candidates
- Students Protest In Unizik Over The Death Of Francis, A Final Year Student Who Died Due To Poor Medical Facilities (Photos)
- MADNESS! UNILAG Lecturer Seen Teaching an Empty Class
- UNIBEN Pharmacy Students Went On Protest Because Their Lecturers Refuse To Come To Class For 3 Weeks (Photos)
- After Signing out, Final Year Student Dies While Playing Basketball
- Na Wa O! Cat Found Reading With Students At Obafemi Awolowo University (Photos)
- UNILAG To Commence Post-UTME Screening 2018/2019 On July 23rd, 2018
- KWASU Extends Post UTME Registration By A Week, Gives Aspirants Important Notice
- Unilorin Post UTME Form 2018/19 Out(Full Details)
- Possible Unilorin Cut Off Mark For All Courses 2018
- IGNORE All 2017 WAEC, NECO, UTME Score Upgrade And Admission Assistance Threads
- How To Save Up And Access Loans From Nigerian Banks To Study Abroad
- 100 Students Caught As UNILAG Begins Testing Students For Hard Drugs
- Unilorin 100 Level Students “Facing Tanke Is Real”
- Fahlz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities
- STEPS ON HOW TO CHANGE UNILORIN HOTSPOT (INTERNET ACCESS) PASSWORD
- WTF! Woman Arrested For Damaging Neighbour’s Scrotum [SEE VIDEO]
- OMG! Kano University Student Drowns While Swimming [See Picture]
- FG Launches Startup Nigeria To Promote Agribusiness